Wednesday, October 15, 2008

LOL



I recently learned what the acronym of LOL meant. I would see it periodically in emails and just didn't understand what it stood for. Finally, I asked someone. I'm not a text messenger, nor am I an instant messenger and my online chat experience is minimal, so LOL somehow got by my internal processor.

Learning that LOL meant Laugh Out Loud did exactly that....it made me laugh. You see, laughing is one of my favorite things to do. I'm good at it. I believe we all have a variety of unique gifts and laughing is one of mine. Some people are good at math, or singing, or riding a unicycle. I have a gift for laughter.

My style of laughter is BIG. I tend not to hold back. My laughter is loud, long and cannot be restricted. I laugh at places where one would typically not laugh....you know what I mean.....places where most people are being very serious. I don't mean to be disrespectful, it's just that if something strikes me funny, I laugh. I also laugh easily when someone is intending to be funny. Many performers from Hamilton-Gibson Productions, our local theater company, tell me that they can pick my laugh out of the crowd.

I also know part of the gift of laughter (mine and everyone else's) is that it is contagious. If we are open to having our funny bone tickled, then being in the vicinity of a grand laugh will inevitably light a spark in you.

So, I ask you now...."Have you laughed out loud today?" If not, I encourage you to find something or someone that can stimulate a laugh for you. If you have, try it again. Share your laughter with someone you care about. Watch the magic that happens when laughter is in the air.

No comments: