Friday, October 24, 2008

Skatin'


Wouldn't it be great to just skate along in life without being held back by fears of all the "what ifs"? Well, that is exactly the dream I have for myself. I know that there is always more room for JOY in life when I fear less and skate along more, trusting I'm not alone.

Last night I had a dream, and of course, I found a message in it. I was in a skating rink, which has always intimidated me since I was a little girl. I felt safe skating on side walks and could even do tricks, but those big rinks scared me. I'm not sure if it was the big open space, the wood surface or all those other people flying past me showing off their skills, but something made me feel very uncomfortable. Since I was always frozen with fear in the rink, I forgot about my skating abilities from the sidewalk and inched my way around, petrified.....and not having much fun.

In my dream I was an adult on skates and I was being held by someone from behind. When I relaxed and let myself be held, I felt confident. At first, I was cautious and then after a short time, my trust grew. As I became more trusting I began to try some fancy moves, still being held by my unidentified skating teacher. My speed would change from fast to slow and back to fast again. After a few times around, I started trying some fancy moves with my feet and found it was even easier to turn corners when I used these moves. I stopped caring how I looked and just had fun. The greatest feel of the experience was that of complete joy and freedom.

The message of this dream to me is that when I relax into the arms of God (Universal love), I can do more than I thought I could. Comparing myself to others or being perfect doesn't matter anymore. Remembering that I am not alone, but am always being held and guided gives me confidence. When I am fully trusting, I can better follow my intuition and find my way around the rink of life with greater ease and enjoy the journey along the way.

When I am relaxed and allowing myself to move through life naturally, I feel good and skatin' is easy.

No comments: