Monday, June 22, 2009

The Clouds of Time



At 5:00 this morning, I was lying on my living room floor taking a breather in between crunches and leg lifts. As I looked out the window I noticed there were a lot of clouds moving across the sky in the early light. It was a surreal appearing sight since the speed of the clouds appeared to be in fast motion....You know how it's done with a fast forward of filming with a television or movie camera to give the impression time is passing quickly.

In the moment, I paused to think if time was really in fast forward, what that would be like. For one, I would be finished with my workout. I'd already be back from yoga, showered, dressed and well into my day. My calls would be made, the bathroom cleaned and office work complete.

Although there have been many times in my life that I wished for time to pass quickly, I honestly prefer now to keep the clouds of time at their natural pace. In other words I am choosing to live my life with more attention to more moments. The slower I can be the more details I am aware of. Even if what I am experiencing may not be pleasant, I don't want to cheat myself out of seeing what lessons are there for me.

Yesireeee, if I had the opportunity to fast forward time to something I am waiting for, I'd hate to think of all the wonderful moments I would miss in between.

No comments: