Sunday, August 10, 2008

And so it begins....

After a year or more of resisting and procrastinating about starting a blog, believing it was too much for my non-techno talented self to handle, I just got this up in about three minutes.

So what does Joyful Leadership mean? It means leading with JOY. To me Leadership is not just about leading a company or a team or a country, but about being a leader in your own life. What kind of leader am I? I'm a joyful leader. One who looks for the elements of play and fun in all I do. My goal is to feel good. If I don't feel good then I look at what beliefs I am holding in that moment....what thoughts am I thinking? The more I train myself to notice, the better I am at feeling joyful, even when doing the simplist tasks. As a leader (both of the formal and generic varieties), I have gotten pretty good at managing to show up and lead at my best. What I have found, it is not as hard as it may seem.

The wonderful discovery is that this way of living inspires others to do the same....and that is the kind of leadership I love to create.

More on this later....

With Joy,
Kate

No comments: