Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Blank Page Results

Yesterday was the day of openness (at least in my schedule). I got to design it as I moved through it. At first, it appeared that I let much of it dwindle away as I used the first few hours rather liesurely (not that there is anything wrong with that). By 10:30 a.m. I was ready to get to work....or rather play. After making a quick list in categories of my life/work that need attention, I rather quickly took care of many things that can collectively seem overwhelming. Could it be that because I was not in a stressed and frantic mood, moving down this list seemed easy?

I jumped about the list, always choosing what I wanted to do in that moment. I was in choice all day. There was a balance of creativity, number crunching, phone calls, physical tasks and errands. By the end of the day, almost all of the items were crossed off. I felt complete and grateful for all that I had accomplished. The really good news is there was not an ounce of stress in it all.

Looks like a stretching place for me is bringing that same balance and ease even when the page of my appointment book is filled in completely.



3 comments:

Beverly Keaton Smith said...

Hi Kate, welcome to blogland! Thanks for sharing the link to your blog. I'll drop by often. Love, Beverly

Kate Sholonski (moderator) said...

Hi Beverly....thanks for stopping in. I have to say this is more fun that I anticipated. It's great to hear from you....I hope all is well in your little piece of Blogland.
Love and Joy,
Kate

Teresa said...

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter" ~ e.e. Cummings

Thanks Kate and Esther for the wonderful laughter! Happy Blogging!