Friday, September 12, 2008

The Joy of a Rainy Day



When I woke up very early this morning, I looked outside to check the weather. I never check the weather channel, I stick my head out the back door and get a feel for what is to come. Today when I made my weather check at approximately 6:15, it was cloudy, cool with a sure promise that rain was coming soon. My accurate weather intuition was correct. Before long, it began to rain and it has rained all day. It's been one of those slow, steady rainy days. No thunder....no lightening....just rain.

Now, I know a lot of people complain about rainy days, but once in awhile, I delight in it. Rainy days like today inspire me to bake cookies. There's nothing better than baking when it's raining. Actually, there is one thing, and that is eating cookies on a rainy day. Of course, eating cookies paired with a cappuccino, while reading a good book, under a soft warm blanket is really the ultimate. Of course, after baking, eating cookies, sipping a cappuccino and reading I would need to rest, and then I am inspired to take a nap.

On this particular rainy day, I cannot say I got a lot of work accomplished, and that's okay. This rainy day was one that I was able to follow my inner guidance to take care of myself. It has been a wet, yet joyful day for me. I feel just wonderful right now and am curious how tomorrow's weather will inspire me.

No comments: