Monday, January 19, 2009

Mission: Possible



Remember the old television show, Mission: Impossible? It was one of my favorites, probably because the Mission Impossible team always succeeded accomplishing the impossible.

Last night I had a dream I was on a Mission: Possible team. I received a message to come to a very large high building and to travel to the top floor. When I got off the elevator I was greeted by my friends, Barbara and Larry. They were in charge of dispensing the tasks to the Mission: Possible teams.

The mission they assigned me and my colleague, David, was to teach people about JOY. We were told that many people are resistant and afraid, but they knew we could succeed in helping them to let down their guard and let in love and laughter.

When I heard our assignment, I had no doubt we could succeed and was excited to get started. Before we left, however, I found myself roller blading in this huge open space. I don't know how to Rollerblade in my awake life, but in this dream, I was skillfully zooming around with complete ease. Although I was surprised to see myself moving along with such confidence, I thought at the time "this is what life feels like when you give up your fears....it is complete freedom".

I don't have a strong urge to learn how to Rollerblade, but it is my intention to live with complete freedom, without fear and with pure joy. I know it's possible.

What are you wanting that deep down, you know is possible?

No comments: