Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Inspiration from a 12 Year Old



A friend recently shared a story about a spontaneous experience, including a life metaphor, that her 12 year daughter created. I was so inspired, not only by the metaphor itself, but also by the fact that she created it on her own. This tells me this girl very naturally has positive thoughts circulating within her mind. I know her parents, and they, I'm sure, project a very positive attitude as they nurture and rear their daughter. Of course, that is very helpful to bring forth what is naturally present in this girl. The evidence is blatantly obvious.

Here's her story: This particular 12 year old found a 1983 penny. As she looked at it, she realized the total of the numbers equals 21. Her next thought was that if she was playing Blackjack, she would be a winner. Her spontaneous next thought was finding this coin was a sign she would be successful in whatever she chooses to do in her life.

I loved hearing this story. The main reason for my delight was the natural state of this girl's mind. Had she been negatively focused and in fear and doubt, I don't believe her metaphor of her life's success would have surfaced.

Since I work with teens and I understand the negative challenges they face, this story was so refreshing and inspiring. It renews my hope of the possibilities that can be expanded in the mind of a teen or pre-teen....and even an adult.

I encourage you to join this girl in her optimistic and positive intention of living a successful and happy life. I believe when even we adults dig deep we can also find this natural pool of positive inspiration. Imagine what your life would be like now if you tapped into the spring of positive thought when you were 12.

I hope I'm around to celebrate the experiences this particular girl enjoys as she steps into her teenage, young adult, and adult years. If I was a betting woman, I'd put all my chips on her having a very happy life.

Wherever you happen to be on your life path, I encourage you to take a message from this girl and look for the positive signs that show up that will support you in living the life of happiness and success that you dream about.


No comments: